6 Real Estate Resolutions to help you sell your home
6 New Year Resolutions to Help You Sell Your Home
If you want to sell your home this year, there’s no time like the present to follow through with these 6 home selling New Year resolutions.
1. Hire a home inspector for a pre-sale home inspection. Why? A thorough inspection of your home by a building or home inspector before you put your home on the market will tell you everything you need to repair before listing. Starting on those repairs now, before you list your home, will remove many objections home buyers may have. Make the suggested repairs. It will pay off in a faster sale and higher selling price.
2. Work with a reputable real estate agent who knows the local market. Why? The right real estate agent will be an expert in your local real estate market, will have an impressive plan to market your home, will listen to your concerns and will be available to answer all of your questions.
3. Work with your realtor to arrange for a comprehensive home staging consultation. Why? An experienced home stager knows what makes a home sell. A comprehensive home staging consultation will give you invaluable information for preparing your home for sale to maximize its appeal to the greatest number of potential buyers. By bringing in a home stager early in the process it will give you plenty of time to make any needed preparations.
4. Get a head start on getting rid of everything that you don’t want to move to your new home. Why? If you already know you don’t want it or don’t need it, then donate it, sell it, give it away or throw it away now to relieve some stress later when you’re packing to move. The less extra stuff you have, the easier it is for home buyers to see how spacious your home is and how it will fit their lifestyle. If you don’t need it or don’t want it, send it on down the road.
5. Start pre-packing anything you won’t need for the next 6 months or so. Why? Once again, the less stuff you have in closets, in the garage or basement, the more spacious your home will look and feel. Additionally, it will start your moving process and help focus your energy on your move to your new home. The holidays are past. Packing up your Thanksgiving and Christmas decor would be a good place to start.
6. Pay some attention to your yard and planting beds. Why? Depending upon when you want to put your home on the market, and where you live, giving your yard a little TLC now, will pay off in better curb appeal in the spring and summer. Have professional photos taken of your home when your foliage is in full bloom. Remove any dead or dying plants.
Follow these resolutions and your home will be in top shape when you're ready to put it on the market.
Content adapted from www.movingmountainsdesign.com